What Is Physical Therapy?
Everyday life can be physically demanding. Physical therapy treatment aims to offset those demands by using anatomical, biomechanical and physiological expertise to stop your pain in its tracks. Utilizing a combination of procedures and modalities, we’re able to address physical issues that cause severe and often debilitating pain.
At Pro Therapy Mississippi, our physical therapists and therapeutic rehab specialists are trained to help you strengthen your body, regain your mobility and avoid future injuries. None of this happens in a vacuum; in consulting with your referring doctor, we’ll create the most comprehensive physical therapy treatment plan for you.
What Does It Treat?
Physical therapy treatment can be beneficial for a number of conditions, but some of the most common include:
- Muscle sprains and strains
- Sports and accident injuries
- Back disorders
- Headaches and migraines
- Spinal conditions like scoliosis, disc damage and stenosis
- Lower back pain
- Neck pain
- Pre and Post-surgical back and hip injuries
- Pre and Post-surgical knee injuries
- Orthopedic concerns including carpal tunnel syndrome, arthritis, tennis elbow and ligament injuries
- Pre and Post-surgical shoulder injuries
We also treat in-depth concerns like lumbar and cervical radiculopathy, gait abnormalities, rotator-cuff tears and reflex dystrophy.
How Does the Process Work?
After we’ve completed an initial consultation and evaluation, we’ll work with our team to put together the most comprehensive plan for your physical therapy treatment. The modalities and procedures could include one or more of the following:
● Manual Therapy: This method combines techniques such as myofascial release, muscle energy, stretching, strengthening and joint mobilization to bring your painful areas back to normal.
● Pain Management: This method uses cryotherapy, electrical stimulation, traction, massage and heat to provide long-lasting relief.
● Therapeutic Exercises: These treatments are personalized for each patient and condition, but they’ll generally include stretching, stabilizing and strengthening techniques that are designed to restore your range of movement and improve muscle balance.
● Postural Corrections: We’ll work with musculoskeletal issues by way of awareness exercises, behavioral techniques and postural modifications.
● Home Management: We’ll put together an exercise program that aligns with each stage of your progress so that you can continue your therapy and rehabilitation from the comfort of your home. This program also includes education regarding the specifics of managing your own treatment.
What Makes Our Physical Therapy Treatment Unique?
We believe in treating the whole body. In addition to a team of physical therapists, Pro Therapy consults with medical doctors and other clinicians to find the best answer to your pain problems. Our physical therapists are experts in physiology, anatomy and biomechanics, and they have extensive experience treating painful conditions just like yours. Start the treatment process today by scheduling an appointment or giving us a call.